 Space / 18700
  The Jump Monk

I've been lurking here for quite some time now and never felt that anything I've built has been worth looking at - until now. So, I thought to de-lurk and post my deep-space planetary surveyor, The Jump Monk: (URL) Bonus points if you can pinpoint (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The Jump Monk

Wow! That is one really cool ship. I love all the greeblies on it. But that interior... this has to be one of the most details MOCs ever in that respect. All that detail- from the VR system to the hold to the cockpit is really great. The cockpit (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The Jump Monk

That cockpit looks really cool, and all of the interior stuff is great. I like your web page, too. Your pod is nice. -Andrew (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The Jump Monk

(...) Thanks. I was trying to get that "lived in" and "hacked together" look down. I should point out that I was heavily inspired by Palmer's "Grimlock" (and, of course, Paul Hartzog's one billion cool things). The underbelly cockpit came about (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The Jump Monk

(...) Yeah, my Junk Ship was inspired by both: (URL) anybody know what Paul is going to do with his site? As mentioned before, Ozbricks.com could host it for free. -JHK (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The Jump Monk

(...) Thanks! I built the pod mainly as an exercise because I liked all the pods I had seen other people build. I had plenty of time to work on the interior; my days have been pretty empty of late. -b. ___...___b r a n d o n h a r r i s___ (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The Jump Monk

(...) of it. Reminds me of something out of "Alien". The combination of the landing gear studs and the dishes on the starboard side creates a nice repeating circle motif that I like a lot, too. (...) I wish I knew. I want to steal more ideas from (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The Jump Monk

"Brandon Harris" <bharris@gaijin.com> wrote in message news:Pine.NEB.4.44.0...jin.com... (...) Oy! Welcome to LUGNET and .space. This is a good ship you have here. Very detailed and intricate. As you know I have a soft spot for junk-ships. I like (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The Jump Monk

Impressive! I like the site too. The water thingy is my fav part. Your technical explanations are also good too. Generally I ignore text and just look at pictures but yours was interesting...good work :-) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The Jump Monk

(...) Thanks! (...) Yeah. Your ship designs as a whole are really influential to me lately (especially the *-wing ships) - but Hartzog's interiors really sing to me. I think I need to focus more on color - most of the things I build are solid greys (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The Jump Monk

Not much to say that hasn't already been said but your ship was awesome enough to warrant a "me too." Nice ship. -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The Jump Monk

Welcome! As Mike has said, there is not much more I can say about this beauty except that it looks fun, fun, fun. Hope to see more good things from you. Cheers, -Gil (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)