 Space / 18389
Re: The personal vehicle of Sam Blackjack, Private I.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 02:43:50 GMT

"Sean Devolites" <hotshot3396@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Great Job Tom!  Looks cool.
Hard to imagine you can fit a minifig in there.
Have you built it in real life or just Ldraw?
Keep up the good work.
Hasta La Vista, Sean

He barely fits (with no air tanks).  I haven't built "it"  (ie, the entire
thing) in real life, but I built the eyelid and the more difficult stuff
from real pieces (I require pysical pieces when the design gets complex like
all those hinges I used in the eyelid).  And I never have the colors I want,
so I build what I can from real pieces, then render in the colors I want.

But I try to make sure before I render that the pieces really do exist in
the colors I use on them.

        -- Tom