 Space / 18239
Re: pods are ruined
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:13:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Knaak writes:

I ignored your first negetive post about pods and chalked it up to young
raging hormones or something, but two post? You are either looking to
purposely cause trouble or you enjoy people disagreeing with you.

Travis is obviously a troll.

I love the pods myself, not because they are cool looking or super detailed,
but because they have gotten so many people involved in building here in
space. The moonbase is here too, but not everyone has the parts to build
those, but they can build a cool pod.

These are the same reason I like them, because now that I hit Bricklink and
got a couple of 8x8 radar dishes, I can build my own pod.  With a very
limited "budget" of pieces (unless you go nuts), pods are a demonstration of
how creative you can be within certain confines.  It's kind of like IROC car
racing - everyone has the same "tools," what is done with it depends on the
driver.

If there were a "MOC of the year" ballot, I'd vote for Jeremy Sproat's Bug
Bot Pod.  It is, IMO, revolutionary, but it does it within tight constraints.

James Wilson
Dallas, TX
Lugnet #1783