 Space / 18230
Re: pods are ruined
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:53:50 GMT

In lugnet.space, Anthony Babington writes:
if you don't like them, don't build them... I'd be working on one myself if
I weren't strapped for cash and unable to find an inexpensive set with the
right pieces (all droid escape sets have vanished from Wal-Mart... c'mon, I
just need 4 or 6 or 8...)

I have yet to see in ingenuity of pod builders even approach the limit of
possibilities of the basic design. a 4-seater pod. awesome. pod-based MOCs
of star wars craft. infinitely amusing as well as really cool (Darth Vader's
Tie-Pod... hehehe). a pod-tank!

I don't know why you bear this animosity towards pods, but keep it to
yourself, please. I for one can't wait to see what the next pod to come down
the line is. yes, maybe it will be somewhat lackluster, but people don't
come here to be told that they've built something that is stupid simply
because of what it is. some people put a lot of work into small, simple
creations, and you can usually tell.

...anyway, enough of my ranting.

-Anthony, Pod-Builder on Standby

"travis" <phree@attbi.com> wrote in message news:H3r3qE.310@lugnet.com...

Ditto from me--I'm not a spacer at all, but I've been *loving* the pods and
I can't wait until the next one comes down the pipe!

The Enterpod was fantastic and 'My pod can beat up your pod' bug was
awesome!  Motorized tank pod was inspirational, and Family pod was so cute!
Too many other pods to name here, but they've not disappointed me at all.

Keep up the awesome work!

Dave K
-future spacepod head when he gets all his parts 'n pieces organized