 Space / 17881
Re: Moonbase MOC: Tycho Brahe Hotel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:38:49 GMT

Adrian Drake wrote:

In lugnet.space, Travis Kunce writes:
this could be a lot bigger.  and I think that between this and the huge
landing pads module.  we need to talk about what hieght the second
crosswalk/passage/airlocks go at.
I think that they shouldn't go every level like the ground clearance.  but
maybe every other level assuming anyone else can build modules that could
link at say the third story.

My plan was to make it bigger.  I might well do that before Brickfest next
year anyway.

And why shouldn't people go back to ground to jump to the next building?
People do that in cities now.  I think attempting to add another layer of
tunnels may be a little complicated.  Besides, extra floors shouldn't be
restricted to all be the same height.

Well, in real life cities, there are sky bridges. When I saw your
module, I too thought it would be neat to have higher level connecting
corridors. Perhaps next year the standard can be amended with such. I
think it would be cool to have a 48 stud long corridor which can just be
suspended between two modules higher level connection, which then spans
another module which isn't very tall (hmm, thinking about it, I may
build a 48 stud corridor which can be suspended between two modules
anyway, that might be a handy compact way to fill out some connections.

Frank