 Space / 17787
  Motorized Tank Pod

So, having been witness to pod-mania, I became curious as to whether or not I could squeeze a micro motor into a pod, and turn the radar dishes into wheels: (URL) kind of a silly looking model (I threw it together using mostly parts that hadn't yet (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Motorized Tank Pod

that is so bad ass.... i love it. sux that it doesn't fly though. I'm a little confused. GOING CRAZY CAUSE PODS DON'T NEED WINDS AND SHOULD FLY.... Doh still electro pod tank is the best thing in a long long time. -tk "David Eaton" (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Motorized Tank Pod

(...) Nifty indeed. How well does it drive? Jeff J (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Motorized Tank Pod

(...) Interestingly. Because the wheels are so large, the slow speed of the micromotor is compensated for, making it more speedy than expected. However, the radar dishes have just about no traction whatsoever. Of course the real killer on that front (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Motorized Tank Pod

(...) This is way too cool... I love it! Add the extra motor on version 1.1 and some rubberbands around those dishes and you are all set!. Pretty neat idea! J.- (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Motorized Tank Pod

(...) How well do those loops of slant/hinge bricks stay on? I am wondering if you could add some stiffness in front (as seen in the cutaway (URL) using a longer plate where you now have a 1x2 (just below the "windows", that is, the 1x2 with (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Motorized Tank Pod

(...) Actually, the idea behind that one was that the front part kind of "rolls out" to become an entryway for minifigs... Stays pretty well, though... (...) Yup. It's kind of annoying to get all the hinges bent to the right angles, but once they're (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Motorized Tank Pod

This is a great little piece of engineering Dave. I wish we had an .avi to see it in action! Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)