 Space / 1771
    Fighter Launch Rack and other Hangar Bay Questions —Bill Jackson
   Does anyone have any ideas for a fighter launch rack? I saw one onboard a huge microfig carrier on this Japanese site and it looked very cool. It consisted of a weird technic contraption with the fighters attached to it. I'm building a carrier for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Fighter Launch Rack and other Hangar Bay Questions —Lindsay Frederick Braun
      (...) I was actually kicking this around earlier today, as I sorted five copies of 7161 Gungan Sub. My new starship will probably carry only four, but they'll be on a "rack" and the pilots will clamber in from the bottom, which faces into the ship. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Fighter Launch Rack and other Hangar Bay Questions —Lindsay Frederick Braun
      Hi, Sorry, need to clarify the diagram: (...) The "doors" are for crew; "F" indicates the position where fighters are mounted vertically. There is no need for any fighter bay door for the ships themselves, as they are held flush to the hull. best (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Fighter Launch Rack and other Hangar Bay Questions —John D. Forinash
     (...) While I don't see any reason to declare "capital ships cannot carry other capital ships", my imagination can't come up with a reason why one would bother. I can understand the idea of "docking" two ships together, but why would one devote a (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Fighter Launch Rack and other Hangar Bay Questions —George Haberberger
     (...) The best reason I could think of to carry a Capital ship would be if you were using rules about jump drives/hyperspace engines and fuel taking up significant amounts of space, ala old Traveller. In Traveller, a ship carrying a normal amount of (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Fighter Launch Rack and other Hangar Bay Questions —Tom McDonald
   In lugnet.space, Bill Jackson writes: <snip> (...) Your fleet; you make the call. Though eventually there'll be a ship that can't be contained by what's considered a 'vessel', so you might want to re-consider your nomenclature as it pertains to your (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)