 Space / 17322
Re: New MOC: Shuttlecraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:02:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeffrey M. Szklennik writes:

That ship is GREAT!--simple strong design & lots of features.  Can we see a pic
of the underside, to see how the landing gear works?  you seem to have a very
efficient & well designed landing solution.  I especially like the roomy
interior which looks like it could easily be customized with quarters/bunks, an
extended 'away mission' lab, or medical equipment--Dude!--ambulance for the
Moonbase!

Thanks!

Doh! I knew I should've taken a picture of the bottom. I'll try to post one
soon. The landing gear is basically just click hinge pieces. Beneath the
deck is a one-brick-high layer, so I had some room to play with. The front
gear folds up into the body, but the side ones just flip up against the
bottom of the wings. Pretty simple.

I've thought about a variation with a more detailed interior, but for now I
just wanted maximum space inside. Cool idea though! It does seem like a
pretty versatile design.

Y'know, when I was building this it originally had an orange stripe (instead
of dark gray). The first thing that popped into my head when I saw what I
had was "space ambulance!" I even goofed around with lights on the top.
Maybe someday...

- Paul