 Space / 17323
Re: New MOC: Osprey Podfighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:28:50 GMT

Okay...moderated.

Wow Chris...wow.  I would have to say that this is my favorite pod of yours
so far.  Although the 2 modules are seemingly incongruous, when brought
together they make an amazing package.  It just looks plain ol'  mean.

Diggin' it large.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Another winner Chris...look great so far.  It looks like an updated
variation on the BT2 Allied Avenger - except way cooler of course :>

More when the folder is moderated...

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.announce, Chris Maddison writes:
Hi all,

My newest craft is the Osprey Podfighter:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=24923 (once moderated)

Til then:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Spacecraft/Osprey/01.jpg
pics 01-13

In a departure from conventional pods, I decided to fully extend a major
part of the ship outside the radar dishes.    I also wanted to maintain a
poddish look and feel, so I made the radar dish section a stand-alone
"escape craft", with the additional section.

Features include dual-ion engines, quite a few cannons and lasers and
whatnots, working landing grear and an opening hatch.

Very inspired by Sproaticus' pod "ship".

Also, you can see a group shot of my ships that are still together:

-Chris