 Space / 17275
Re: New MOC: Shuttlecraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 19:12:53 GMT

I think this is great Paul.  It's so simple (totally in a good
way)...non-engreebled, nice clean colours, great straightforward
functionality.  The whoosh factor is definately high.  It's just...cool.

Looking forward to seeing the final assemblage.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Paul Hanson writes:
Hey everybody -

I've been working for a while on a large spaceship [1]. It'll probably be a
while before I get that done, but in the meantime I've built a shuttlecraft
that'll go with it:

The single largest factor influencing the design was that it has to fit into
the shuttlebay of the larger ship - which is 22 studs deep and has an
opening that is 14 studs wide by 12 bricks tall. I wanted it to carry at
least 6 figs and a small amount of gear comfortably. And since it is meant
to fly through atmosphere and land on a planet, it needed wings and landing
gear.

I'm quite happy with the way it turned out - it's a solid and swooshable
little ship. So what do y'all think?

- Paul

[1] Is it a capital ship? It's about 120 studs long, built for extended
voyages of exploration, with a crew of 11 (plus 8 or 9 droids). It can land
and take off again (though it rarely does - that's what the shuttle is for),
and it (obviously) carries at least one smaller spacecraft.