 Space / 1714
Re: Star Trek Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:52:49 GMT

I built a MOC Klingon Bird of Prey a few years ago out of M-Tron parts. I
suppose it's a M-Tron Bird of Prey now. :^)

I didn't use any of the magnets, though... but I put technic pieces in it so
when you rotate one of the engines the wings move from landing to flight
configuration. I'd actually like to do a bit of redesign on it and try to
work in
the forward photorp launcher... I left that out. :^P

I'll have wifey bring home the digital camera and I'll post pics soon.

~Mark

In lugnet.space, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
skipper wrote:
I have seen a few microfig scale Star Trek MOC's and I wondered if • anyone here
works on Star Trek stuff? There are so many pure space and Star • Wars fans, and
things are made easier by what TLG puts out to the public, I am • curious about
what else AFOLs may be toying with.

The really nice thing about modelling Star Trek ships is that you can • take
something like a salt shaker, lay it on its side and stick some toothpicks • in
it, and it becomes a Thiralian Hegemony Light Cruiser.  :-,

I've frequently played with trying to build Federation and Klingon-style
ships, but have encountered much difficulty in capturing the ubiquitous • smooth
bulbous hulls and thin struts at weird angles.  However, I'm sure it • *can* be
done, and that there's an elegant solution waiting to be found.

Has anyone found a way to do this yet?  'Cause I want to use the thin • strut
design for my Shadow Battlecrab...

Cheers,
- jsproat

Card-carrying member of the Star-Bellied Sneech Preservation Society