 Space / 17069
Re: New MOC: Trifecta
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:19:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
As promised!

Very intersting configuration...I can imagine it would be challenging to get
all the tabs and slots to match up.

A great design tho'...looks so modifiable to fit different roles.

Cheers,
-G

Thanks Gil.  It's a beast to get studs on a triangle to line up in multiple
directions.  One direction and one direction only is no problem, but when
you get SNOT going on each side, it's interesting.  I found that the 1x2/1x4
plate hinge and 1x2 hinge (with top and base) were very valuable to this'n.
They allowed the studs to switch from studs-in to studs-back.  If that isn't
confusing enough. :-)

The modification for different roles is something I didn't even try to
tackle - Paul did a great job of that with his Triumvirae.  Maybe on a
future craft.

-Chris