 Space / 16279
Re: Moonbase Infirmary Mod.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 23:43:14 GMT

Hey Chris.  Welcome to .space.  Thats a nice little module you have there
but I noticed that the corridor doesn't actually line up.  In order to
actually hook up to another module it would have to be centered along the
edge of the baseplate and raised 1 brick height.

Of course as a stand alone MOC its very cool.  Please don't think I'm
bashing it, only commenting on it's connectivity.

-Jon
--
| The Shipyard - http://zemi.net/shipyard
| My Lego Creations - http://zemi.net/lego

"Chris" <scifipropsnospam@aol.com> wrote in message
Hi.  Long time lurker, first time poster.
This is my first attempt at a moonbase module.  My large plates & 1x • bricks
are limited, so the mod. is a little small and has no roof :(
This is an infirmary, not a hospital or trauma center.  It would be • staffed
by a medic (seen walking down corridor) and a nurse.
It has one operating bed, one recovery bed, a small lab area and, yes, a
restroom!
On one side of the attendant's station, there is a helmet, airtank & • medkit.
On the other side, there is a stretcher which folds down so she can catch
some sleep when she can.
The hatch in the floor leads to a machinery room (think Jefferies Tube).
From the machinery room, there is another hatch that leads outside at • ground
level.
There is an airlock that leads to a small platform.  I thought, "the Deep
Space Nine infirmary doesn't have its own airlock, why should mine?"  My
wife (a nurse) pointed out that the mod. needed another way in and out (in
fact, all mods should have this) in case of an emergency.  I didn't know • if
I wanted to build a ladder, or a landing platform or what, so I just left • it
the way it is.
This would have been easier to build at ground level, but I understand the
requirements of module building.  Maybe the next one will have stairs or
something leading  to the module.