 Space / 16187
Re: Space Vehicles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:09:25 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Jamie Neufeld wrote:

Here are some Space Vehicles I built before I got hooked on the Moon Base
Project. They go along with my Space Cab.

Space Police Car:

Space Fire Engine:

Really great work.

I agree.  I find the fire engine in particular quite lovely!

But I would rather classify them as (science fiction) "town", than as "space",
since they remind me of movies like "The fifth element" and "Bladerunner" and
of the city/planet Rubanis in the "Valerian" comics.

Indeed this style does remind us of such movies/comics, but I disagree about
them being "Town."  As far as I am concerned, anything *futuristic* can be
considered "Space."  That's why I think Rock Raiders and Auqazone are just
sub-themes of Space.  These sci-fi city vehicles belong in Space, perhaps
under the virtual sub-theme of "Civilian Planet" or something, but it's
still Space to me...

My 2 bricks,
-Hendo