 Space / 16146
Re: New MOC: PHOD (and a modification)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 00:11:21 GMT

Very nice rendition of Bram's beautiful design, John.

However, I am equally interested in the larger 'mothership' you have posted.
I really like the use of the SNOT 2x6x1 sloped pieces to make the canopy
work.  The smooth lines of the hanger doors look interesting as well.

Any timeline on the full product?

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
I love it, Bram!  This is really cool- I've always liked round cocpits.  The
landing gear is great too.  What a great MOC!

I've made my own- modified.  It can fit 2 people inside, along with a
slightly different landing mechanism.

Front view:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/PHODmod/dsc01218.jpg

Locking mechanism for the landing gear: (works when retracted AND when not)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/PHODmod/dsc01225.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/PHODmod/dsc01226.jpg

Back:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/PHODmod/dsc01228.jpg

In flight:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/PHODmod/dsc01232.jpg

It will be used in an (as yet uncompleted) space ship:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/PHODmod/dsc01233.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/PHODmod/dsc01234.jpg

The (perhaps unmoderated) folder is here:

Great work, Bram!

-JHK

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht writes:
With all the pods being built, I had to make one too.  It had to be different
though, and of course had to have stowable landing gear.  It actually took a
surprisingly long time to build (a few hours) to get it to look like I wanted
it too.  So take a look at the PHOD and let me know what you think!
http://lego.bldesign.org/?v=new
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu