 Space / 16110
Re: 32x32 moonbase modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:49:40 GMT

"David Carriker" <dcarriker@wbgppm.com> writes:

"William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message
news:m2ado5uky2.fsf@komodo.home.wards.net...

However, I still have all my space crater & landing plates from my
childhood.  Any contribution I make to this effort (and I would like
to make one) would have to be using those plates, at least for now.

How about using a 32 by 32 baseplate padded with 16x16 or 32x16 base plates
on two sides.  (or even 8x16)

Sure, if you don't mind green :-)

There might be "gaps" in the base of the overall 48x48 shape, but it would
allow the connecting corridors to reach to the edges of the 48x48 format.

My point is that any 32x32 modules would only be allowable on the
periphery of the moonbase, since they could not be connected on two of
the sides.  However, if they're built properly they can still connect
on the other two sides.

For example:

###
###%%
###%%
######
######
######

Here, ### represents a 48x48 baseplate and %% a 32x32 one.

--Bill.

                      Verbing weirds language.  --Calvin