 Space / 15999
Re: 32x32 moonbase modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:30:13 GMT

as one of the very sleepy brains involved
in the 'std roundtable' at bfest, i can
assure you we discussed many many permutations,
and the issue w/ the 48's is NOT to crimp your
style or tell you what to build (and as has
been said, there IS an intent to become more
flexible once we DO this a few times)

as mark points out, the 'std' is about how to
integrate everything into a DISPLAY.  If you
want to match up, follow the std, or cut a deal
w/ your LUG so you can get yours into the display.

:-)

-paul

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
In lugnet.space, William R. Ward writes:

Also, they're difficult to store.  My wife and I (no kids, thankfully)
live in a 600 sq. ft. 2BR house (yes, I've even measured it), and have
a very limited budget for LEGO.

However, I still have all my space crater & landing plates from my
childhood.  Any contribution I make to this effort (and I would like
to make one) would have to be using those plates, at least for now.

Tell you what... if you're planning to attend NWBrickCon, you bring a base
that will fit on a 48x48 and we'll have a spare plate to loan you so you can
integrate into the display.

Mmkay? :^)

~GAMH