 Space / 15964
Re: Presenting the Suborbital Defender
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 21:40:53 GMT

That.  Rocks.  The color, the engines, the ladder, the guns...  An
absolutely awesome militaristic MOC.  Is there any possibility we might get
a chance to see the detail on the engines or the spot where the pod mount
attaches to the pad?  Also, how does the pod lock into place for liftoff?  I
hope you bring that to next year's Brickfest, it would make a superb base
defense station (Although the pilot would need a helmet, and an air supply.
Or perhaps the Defenders are launched from a pressurized hanger, and act as
mobile defence mounts, in a different place daily....)

In lugnet.space, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
It swivels, it shoots...it scores.  Oh, and it also flies circles around its
hapless prey.  It's the... *DUHN* *DUHN* *DUHN* ...Suborbital Defender!

http://www.sproat.us/jeremy/lego/defender/

Thanks to Jonathan Mizner for letting me use the cockpit from his Redtail
model!  And as always, LMKWYT

Cheers,
- jsproat