 Space / 15900
Re: My first post: XB-202 'Shadow'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 20:29:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Walker writes:
Hello,

I would have posted sooner, but it took 4 days to get my security clearance.
Anyway...

<snip>

Anyway, here it is:

The photos on the landing platform were an afterthought; it was built in 1992.

   I can tell--the landing pad is far too small for that enormous ship!  :)

   I love it.  The multilevel airfoils are especially effective--they make
   the ship cut a different "look" from front to rear.  My favorite is the
   3/4 after view--those large trailing-edge surfaces look really good
   against the engine assembly.

   It looks "bombery."  There's much more to unpack here.  One question:
   How strong are the "feet" on the rear landing struts?  It looks like
   they're held on with tilt-bearing hinges, which in my experience tend
   to give (snap off) when expected to hold tension at an angle.  Great
   use of Ninja banners, too!

   best

   LFB