 Space / 15919
Re: My first post: XB-202 'Shadow'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 07:10:06 GMT

I'll second that note about the landing gear!  That's a tremendously
cool looking amount of detail going on all over the place.  What makes
it even better is that the detail looks like it serves a functional
purpose and not simply decorative icing on the cake, so to speak.  I
love the subtle color accents used to throw relief into the dominant
color scheme: specifically the yellow struts and tubing on the landing
gear and again the yellow in the intakes.  It's little things like this
in your model and so many others that I've been enraptured with that
take the model out of the realm of a "toy" construction and into a
believable, functional design in it's own right.  I have a mental image
of this thing sitting on the tarmac on a cold morning in the north being
serviced at first light in the morning with steam and exhaust clouds
swirling from the vents.  Ahhh...

Thank you for sharing!  What a job!

-Brian Reynolds

Gil Shaw wrote:

Welcome Jon!  Good to have you about, especially if you continue to present
works like this.

Your history of Model Team building is quite apparent in both the size and
funtionality of this model....it is quite spectacular.  The weapons and
landing gear certainly have that model-realistic quality to them and add
beautiful detail to the overall package.

I would love to see any shots of the landing gear retracted...they really
look like a marvel of engineering.

Again, welcome to the fray.

Cheers,
-Gil