 Space / 15897
My first post: XB-202 'Shadow'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 18:25:17 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello,

I would have posted sooner, but it took 4 days to get my security clearance.
Anyway...

AN INTRODUCTION:

I've been lurking around Lugnet for about 2 years now, but this is my first
post. I am 31 years old and received my first Lego set when I was 2. I have
several sets from every year from 1972-2001 for a total collectoin of about 275
sets/45000 pcs. I first started building large and complex spaceships in 1992,
then experienced a 'dark ages', then got severely back into Lego in 1998. My
favorite themes have been Model Team, Classic Space, and Star Wars. I have 2
other large spaceships and various other MOCs that might be of interest, so I
guess I should stop lurking and start posting.

MY MOC:

I first started the XB-202 in July 1999 with the concept of the engine intakes
(thanks to 2 copies of the 5571 Model Team Giant Truck). I also wanted alot of
moving control surfaces and an interesting retractable landing gear system. This
thing went through about 8 major design revisions and sat for long periods of
time collecting dust. I recently found the motivation to finish it off and am
pleased with the result.

Features Include:

An ejecting cockpit module for when things get really bad

A retractable landing gear system that forms an 'airtight' seal with the
fuselage

Lots of (aerodynamiccaly questionable) flaps and airbrakes

Interchangable weapons payloads

Perfect bi-lateral symmetry down to the direction of the word 'LEGO' on the
studs (OCD really slows down building)

Anyway, here it is:

The photos on the landing platform were an afterthought; it was built in 1992.

I'd really appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/criticisms/etc.

Thanks,

Jon Walker
www.psyoplabs.com

P.S. Thank you Matt Sekerak for your post!