 Space / 15888
    Re: New space building standard and submission to www.classic-space.com —Luke Ma
   Jeff, Wow! You certainly have done your homework. And Schenkerguide is a pretty decent place to start :) I'm glad you understand Schenker a bit now and the way in which I see it relates to Damien's Lego Calc. Schenker is mostly used for analysis and (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: New space building standard and submission to www.classic-space.com —Damien Guichard
     (...) Hi Jeff, Hi Luke, Your both interpretations conform to mine. I fear that replying linguistic analogies to your music analogies is not a good way to better understand each-other. So I will only speak about lego hobby. I read your Schenkerian (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: New space building standard and submission to www.classic-space.com —Jeff Jardine
     (...) I've done some peeking around the internet for Harmonic analysis - there are some sites that mention it in a musical context, but most appear to be about mathematics. It's good to stretch your brain once in awhile, but I think I've already (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: New space building standard and submission to www.classic-space.com —Luke Ma
      Jeff, That's odd that you found a lot of mathematical explanations for it... Pitch-class sets are the new mathematical way of understanding atonal music but harmonic analysis (Roman numeral) should be fairly non-mathematical. In any case, I'm happy (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: New space building standard and submission to www.classic-space.com —Damien Guichard
      Hi Jeff, (...) It's not the time for expansion. It's the time for consolidation. I expected a slight conceptual change. In my system being more mature means being more constructive. So I expected part of the "ornamental" hierarchy to be promoted (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: New space building standard and submission to www.classic-space.com —Damien Guichard
    Hi Luke, Reading your wise replies one more time inspires me more comments. (...) Locality is an important aspect of my building system. The system enforces local optimum. I agree a global optimum may be more desirable. The fact that a global (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)