 Space / 15732
Re: New MOC: Megaera Light Attack Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:03:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message
Inspired by Jon Palmer's m-wing, I decided to do something similar with a
few of those stubby bionicle legs.  The Megaera is the result.  It's on • the
space page.  Enjoy!

Gorgeous.  And thanks for the nod. :-)

I'd have been called a ripoff if I hadn't :)

Aren't those legs cool? Granted you can't make a million shapes with them
but  they're so satisfying in that configuration.  I really like how this
came out.  Great use of brown-- makes me want to work with my old favorite
color scheme again.

Yeah, it is a nifty scheme.  Too bad I don't have enough brown or tan to do
a truly large spaceship in this color scheme (unless it's like Mark
Sandlin's Nesquik Bunny ship and makes heavy use of those droid fighter wing
pieces).

I've been thinking about how else to use those leg pieces, and they might
make interesting engine thrusters too, what with the vaguely trapezoidal
shape and all of the feet.

I'm also starting to really like those disc shaped Bohrok claws/heads.  I
want to do something with the 2 I have but I actually *still* haven't taken
apart the Pahrak I got at the outlet.  The Bohrok are much cooler in my book
than the Toa.  Although I do love masks.

Oh heck yeah.  Because they're flatter than the Toa masks, they're much more
versatile.  Plus, since they are mounted by a short length of technic axle,
you can secure a Bohrok claw in place much easier, as you only need a
technic 1x2 brick with cross axle hole.

-Jon (going to make a ship with a krana brain in it sometime :-)

I had thought of incorporating the krana into this ship, but the 4 I got in
the 4 pahrak va's I bought were all different, so I'd have mucked up my
symmetry.  I think I get stuck on symmetry too much.  One of these days I'm
going to have to build a radically asymmetric vehicle, although the
cognitive dissonance might make my brain pop.

Adrian