 Space / 15175
Re: New MOC: Border Patrol gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 22:02:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jordan Greer writes:
In article <GxvJpI.E4n@lugnet.com>,
"Alexander Zwagerman" <alexander@zwagerman.net> wrote:

*Snip.*
  This is a very interesting ship, Alexander. I especially enjoy the
bulky, "You won't blast ME out of space!" feel of the vessel and the
high level of detailing. I look forward to seeing capital-scale vessels
constructed by you.
Thanx, still pondering on the colour scheme of it, though, because of the
limitations of my collection.
  I have a few design questions for you. First off, how are the large
side panels that run the length of the ship connected to the hull?
There is only one side which is stuck to the hull using different pieces of
which I don't know the name used by builders (two studes on top, four
sicking out on the side, would be my description). I used ten of those and
four Technic pins. On the Gunboat I used only Technic pins to connect the
smaller quarter saucers. The side of the Sheffield which can be taken of to
open up the two lowest levels of the three-level interior is connected using
the same mechanism with which the wings of the LEGO version of the standard
Imperial Tie Fighter are connected to the cockpit, only times four. I think
the pins which stick out can be seen here:
http://www.zwagerman.net/lego/BORPAT16.jpg and here:
http://www.zwagerman.net/lego/BORPAT17.jpg. More detailed pictures of the
outside can be found on the overall page of course:
http://www.zwagerman.net/lego/borpat.html and together with the Gunboat:
http://www.zwagerman.net/lego/borpatboat.html

Secondly, is there just open framework beneath those side panels, or
whole walls? Anyhow, when you deconstruct that ship, it would be nice if
you would take a few photos of the vessel to give us an overview of the
construction methods used in its creation.
As you can see in the pictures above the inside part has one wall, onto
which the non-detachable SNOT side is detached.

Thanx for the praise. I hope you get some idea how the Sheffield works.

Alexander