 Space / 14690
Re: Ships have hulls, right?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:49:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Yes!  Please do!  An amazing contraption that must be explained so the idea
can be shamelessly  'borrowed' by myself and others!

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Mizner writes:
One question, that I bet everyone is dying to ask: how do the hulls of the
Armadillo split apart?  Awesome MOCs....the SNOT technique on both ships is
incredible, just incredible.

It's actually simpler than I intended originally.  There are two racks about
a central pinion, with their motion guided by the new sliding pieces (like
in the Star Wars droid carrier).  A couple extra gears make it possible to
open and close the hulls from the dome on top.  It's pretty straightforward,
but it looks good.

Can you give us some more interior shots of
the Armadon?  And what exactly is that tiny window/cockpit screen on the
back of the main hull of the Armadon?  Awesome MOCs!

I tried to take more pictures of the interior, but I couldn't light it well
enough.  Maybe during disassembly.  The window in back is mainly for show;
the crew in the engine room would get claustrophobic otherwise. :)

Thanks for the praise.

- Kenn