 Space / 14689
Re: Shuto Fighter - Prototype Toradoch Systems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:41:02 GMT

I really like how the back access and landing gear work - my favorite part
of the ship.  It enhances the unconventional angle of attack.

- Kenn

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Greetings!

A victim of serval techraids on it's Terran and offworld development sites,
Toradoch Industries has developed it's first defense platform...the Shuto
multi-role gravfighter.  Made for short range atomospheric use, it's design
is to be used for a variety of as yet undisclosed defense tasks.

Seen with a vetern Toradoch test pilot, this unarmed version has been shown
only to the top company brass.

More to come as it's declassified....

Originally I wanted this to be the platform for a small battlegroup, but as
with most things, it got larger the more I worked on it.  I hope to produce
a simplified version for mass production.  Both hate and love the half round
canopies.  Interesting for the back access option as used here, but often
miserable to work with the angles and relatively short length..ah well.
Kudos to J. Palmer's D wing, LF Braun's AMX fighter and J. Neufield's
Tigershark  for solutions to these problems...

Cheers,
-G