 Space / 14665
  Ships have hulls, right?

... be they sailing ships or warships. Here's the results of some playing around with them: The Armadillo (URL) Armadon (URL) pictures are somewhat larger than I expected, so I hope they aren't too slow. Mediocre blurb follows. - Kenn ---...--- From (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.space) !

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

Very creative! ;-) I like 'em. Franklin (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

One question, that I bet everyone is dying to ask: how do the hulls of the Armadillo split apart? Awesome MOCs....the SNOT technique on both ships is incredible, just incredible. Can you give us some more interior shots of the Armadon? And what (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

Yes! Please do! An amazing contraption that must be explained so the idea can be shamelessly 'borrowed' by myself and others! Great job on the them both...incredibly innovative features. Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

Awesome MOCs, Kenn. Travis Dickinson (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

BWHAHA!! That is too cool! I love the Armadillo. It looks like you did some work with technic gears and steering elements to get the hull to split like that, am I right? But now you've given me another great idea too, I got ship hull bits in brown (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

Woa. That's neat. Really neat. "Remember, there is no spoon" (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

wow I don't know what must be neater. To have that ship or to be the guy who can come up with something like that. ok I have to go flip around the house this ship is so cool.. brb. ok back If I had this ship I'd eat it because it would leave such a (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

(...) It's actually simpler than I intended originally. There are two racks about a central pinion, with their motion guided by the new sliding pieces (like in the Star Wars droid carrier). A couple extra gears make it possible to open and close the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

(...) Good job making two new and different creations. ~GAMH (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

Excellent ideas here. I love both of them. The opening hull is brilliant on the Armadillo. I was originally shooting for this on my I-wing. It would have basically looked like a big flying prozac ;-) (closing up in battle mode). It was way way to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

(...) I love this! Great use of those boat hulls. It opens/closes by turning the dk grey dish, right? (...) Also very cool Jeff J (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

(...) Yes, one of these days I'll have to retrieve the brown hulls in my parents' attic and build a larger something. Complementing them with the droid wings is a good idea. Also, kudos on your two new ships and thanks to everyone who commented on (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

(...) 48 Studs. I knew I should have added the Cadillac tailfins. Thanks for the complements. - Kenn (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ships have hulls, right?

(...) Thanks. You're right about the dish. I said a little bit more about the mechanism earlier, if it's of any further interest. - Kenn (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)