 Space / 1369
  Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

There has been some recent discussion here about the design of cockpits. As a result I felt inspired to start work on a large blacktron Lander that I have been planning for a while. I started naturally enough with the cockpit, which will reside on (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

Oh, yeah I forgot to add this. Ignore the black risers with the 2x4s. They are not part of the model. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

This is the best use of the quarter dome piece I´ve seen. I love the black and yellow design of the blacktron theme. This spaceship rocks! Can´t wait to see it finished, good work Pat ! dö (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

That thing is sweet! The lines are awesome. I'll have to re-think my quarter domes now that I've seen how you've used them. I don't think I've used mine since I originally pulled them out of the box. Wow! -Duane <snip> (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

That looks great! One question, though... how do you attach the quarter dome to the base, since it's at 45 degrees to the perpendicular? I've always wondered this since I saw the M-Tron 6989 Mega Core Magnetizer. I like the arrangement of the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

Awesome Pat! Will it hold 12 troops? What is the wing arrangement gonna be like? Very nice set-up, keep up the good work! (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

Yeah, there is. The guy in the very front is the combat pilot. This pilot actually flies the ship during combat situations. The two guys on the elevated rotating chairs are the tactical officers. These guys take into consideration battle conditions (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

The ship will have a crew of 5 plus a total of 16 troops for a standard compliment of 15. The ship will carry APC (that I havent designed yet) as well as other equipment. There won't be any wings realy, but ther will be some vertical thrusters. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

(...) Oooh! Make 'em swivel too! I've always liked swiveling thrusters... it just looks so cool. ~Mark (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

(...) Well done! I was planning on doing something like this for the cockpit of a large ship...you beat me to it! 'Course, I only have blue domes...but I'll still have to steal your ideas. --Bram (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

I mean 21. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

(...) GREAT!!!!!!!! That's awesome, and it helps me out a bunch! I've got lots of blue domes hanging around and have been struggling on making a cockpit with them. Will you detail more on the construction technique? Chris <>< (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

(...) Dang. It's big. :-, How'd you work in the 45-degree angles? Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

(...) Hey.. don't be knockin blue domes! ;-) (I wish had yellow ones too... and green ones... and orange ones... and red ones... etc. Wait.. I don't think they ever made red ones! I don't care, I can still wish :) Here's something I made awhile back (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

It bears a eerie resemblence to a U.F.O. helmet. I think it would make a great head for a really large Mech. -gyug (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

Sure, maybe I'll make a little instruction page. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

  (canceled)

  Re: Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit

It does look like a helmet with large visor. Anyone want to build a 3 foot tall mech? (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

Oooo, I *like* that idea! Ben -- Ben Vaughan buster@marsbase.com (URL) few, the proud...the plastic. "Paul Gyugyi" <paul@gyugyi.com> wrote in message news:Fq2606.Iy3@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)

Mark Sandlin <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:Fq1J58.BG3@lugnet.com... (...) Just use a 2x2x1/3 roundtable in front of and behind the dome top, and rotate them 45 degrees. That's how the MCM does it. -John Van (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)