 Space / 1369
1368  |  1370
Subject:
Pictures of large Blacktron lander cockpit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:02:26 GMT

There has been some recent discussion here about the design of
cockpits.  As a result I felt inspired to start work on a large
blacktron Lander that I have been planning for a while.  I started
naturally enough with the cockpit, which will reside on the front of the
ship hanging on the top half.  I have some design sketches, I'll try to
scan & post them.  The ship design is inspired by some lander ships seen
in the anime classic Southern Cross .  Here is a page describing them
with some good pictures:

http://www.3dgamedev.com/robotech/NavalAux/tir_AssaultCarrier.html

Any what I have built so far is the cockpit portion of the ship.  I used
the big yellow quarter dome piece in a similar fassion as done in the
Mega Core Magnitizer (6989).  There is a lot more room in there for
seats and such, but as of now I dont have any more, so I'll outfit it
completely later.

Perspective view:
http://lightning.prohosting.com/~pjbrick/blander1.jpg
Side view: