 Space / 13342
Re: Building My First Movie Lego Ship.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 04:37:10 GMT

Hi Derek,

There are a lot of things to consider when making a big spaceship: the
ship's role (cruiser, transport, carrier), the level of detail you're after,
and building materials. How huge is your collection? Those huge spaceships
that people post (ahem) span years of Lego collecting. So it's hard to say
how much it would cost you since I don't know how much Lego you already have.

But if you want to adopt a building style that maximizes your bricks, try
checking out some of my big ships:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=DanJassim

I use large pieces like BURP walls and large baseplates as paneling to
create huge ships with fewer pieces. And I use a Technic frame for light,
sturdy support. Of course, the more detail you want, the more Lego you need
(especially for interiors). My first big ship was my A-Wing Carrier. I sort
of cheated because, although it was a monster sized ship, the biggest
section (the flight deck) was a big, hollow box.

Hope this helps.

Dan Jassim