 Space / 13315
Re: Building My First Movie Lego Ship.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 03:31:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Derek Robinson writes:
Hi all I am looking to build a lego ship but I wouldnt know how many lego
peices to get here is the desmetions.

5 foot long  2 foot wide and 2 foot tall.

it will have sections living quarters for its ocipents. and then a big unit
JUSt for the cockpit and an engine.

any ideas riuffly on how much that will cost me ???

any help would be aprhistated , thank you

   Yeah, as others have said, we need much more information.  What colors?
   What geometry/general shape?  Any special pieces planned?

   If I can take my own constructions as an example, the 5' heavy cruiser
   (which was only 36 studs' width and 20 bricks high sans masts) I built
   about three years ago probably consumed $400-$500 worth of bricks.
   FdG, on the other hand, consumed no less than $5000 in parts (because
   it was all grey and a lot bigger), and probably much more.  So you can
   have a lot of variance in cost, depending on what it is you want to do!

   You might want to ask Dan Jassim about his carrier.  That's roughly the
   overall size you're talking about.  (But I think 1,011 pieces is way, way,
   way too small a quantity for most constructions that size.)

   best

   LFB