 Space / 13300
  Building My First Movie Lego Ship.

Hi all I am looking to build a lego ship but I wouldnt know how many lego peices to get here is the desmetions. 5 foot long 2 foot wide and 2 foot tall. it will have sections living quarters for its ocipents. and then a big unit JUSt for the cockpit (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Building My First Movie Lego Ship.

(...) Wow, Derek that's a hard thing to figure out. But I can tell you it will take roughtly... a bunch! It depends on how you want to construct it. The old fashioned way (all brick walls)is just one way. For example my ship the Crusader: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Building My First Movie Lego Ship.

(...) I have several questions to ask before I can answer that question: Do you mean 2 feet tall INCLUDING the superstructure, or 2 feet tall along the main hull line? Do you intend to build it with brick walls, or the frame/panel method? If you're (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Building My First Movie Lego Ship.

(...) Yeah, as others have said, we need much more information. What colors? What geometry/general shape? Any special pieces planned? If I can take my own constructions as an example, the 5' heavy cruiser (which was only 36 studs' width and 20 (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Building My First Movie Lego Ship.

(...) Yeah, it's definitely a small quantity. However, it's a bare bones quantity. My first big ship (the POS Lord Alexander) took up like 3000 bricks alone, and that was a bare bones craft. The ship I'm building right now has to have consumed at (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Building My First Movie Lego Ship.

Shes going to be black and grey shes going to havea landing pad on top of her like the carriors do in the oscean. no speical parts proble going to use liek 2 to 3 sets of the blockaide runner from the starwars collectiion ( the engine sets ) with (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Building My First Movie Lego Ship.

(...) Derek, do NOT spend all of that money on the Blockade Runners just for a few parts. I'd recommend purchasing them privately or from Brickbay/Bricklink ( (URL) ). Though those cylinders do make nice engines.. "Electric base plates," say what? (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Building My First Movie Lego Ship.

Hi Derek, There are a lot of things to consider when making a big spaceship: the ship's role (cruiser, transport, carrier), the level of detail you're after, and building materials. How huge is your collection? Those huge spaceships that people post (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)