 Space / 13248
Re: New Star Fighter - (EG-206)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 05:48:03 GMT

In article <GsML7z.J1H@lugnet.com>, "Todd Trotter" <ttrotter@mmcable.com> wrote:

In lugnet.space, Bob Parker writes:
In lugnet.space, Jason Spears writes:

snipped

Thanks.  I looked for some pictures of the ship from "The Last Starfighter"
but I couldn't find a really good picture.

snipped

If it helps, here is the best shot of the ship I could find on short notice:

http://www.sciflicks.com/the_last_starfighter/images/the_last_starfighter_01.html

- Bob

Mark Sandlin has built a really cool MOC of the Gunstar from "The Last
Starfighter".
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=11596

Thanks Todd.

The pics I used for inspiration were actually on http://www.starshipmodeler.com/

Someone built a model of the Gunstar and I used the photos for reference.
My model doesn't follow the Gunstar 100% however. I took a bit of artistic
liberty and added the extra missile doors at the rear and the sort of pod
thing below the belly. Unfortunately, I was not able to add landing gears
in my particular idiom. All the methods I tried ended up being too big and
clunky or else too fragile.

Anyway, That's a cool egg ship Jason! I like the wrap around cockpit and
the excellent visibility.

--
~Grand Admiral Muffin Head