 Space / 13247
Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 05:38:36 GMT

Now that's some sweet goodness. You did an excellent job on that APC. I also
like how you did those mini-figs. I always thought those rock raider helmets
would make some good Colonial Marine helmets. I usually put a same color
visor on it (well on the brown helmet anyways). I also like Vasquez's gun.
You picked the best Sci-fi/Horror movie to do a moc for. You wouldn't happen
to have a Aliens Dropship created? ;)

Jamie Neufeld
www.ozbricks.com/jneufeld
faraday81@hotmail.com
lugnet member 1248

In lugnet.space, Todd Trotter writes:
We'll, I've finally posted pics of my Aliens APC. I've had this thing built
since last June.

It's built more or less to exterior scale. Anyone who is really familiar
with the APC will know that the interior shown in the movie would never fit
inside the exterior (sort of the same thing with the Millenium Falcon).
Anyway, I knew what wheels I was going to use so I based the scale off of them.

It has four wheel independant steering.

The sliding door on the side is fully functional. There is a removeable top
for easy access to the inside, and an opening hatch for the driver to enter.

Both gun turrets turn, but the rail gun does not actually slide down the
rail into it's storage position. I tried to make it do so many different
ways and while some attemps were successful I decided to go with form over
function.

Bishop sits up front and drives, a marine can be strapped into the back, and
Gorman can view the marines vital signs and video feeds from his control
station.

I've made minifigs of all the main characters from the movie. I've also made
a few aliens and the Power Loader. I'll post pics of them soon.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Todd Trotter
http://www.lugco.com/todd