 Space / 13213
  MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

We'll, I've finally posted pics of my Aliens APC. I've had this thing built since last June. (URL) built more or less to exterior scale. Anyone who is really familiar with the APC will know that the interior shown in the movie would never fit inside (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.space) !

  Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

(...) nothing this cool. The attention to detail is astounding. The sliding turret design with the flexible Technic rods is very clever. I'm also impressed with the selection of dark gray elements. Fantastic job! Later, Todd SILICON PSYCHE (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

Great work, Todd! I haven't seen the movie in years now, but your rendition of the APC is very much as I remember it! I suppose the inevitable question is, are you gonna have a crack at the drop ship? Magnus (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

(...) I agree with Todd, I have seen many attempts at this but never so well done. Are you going to provide instructions for the APC and Loader? Excellent Job. David. (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

(...) Thanks Todd. I spent more time working on this model that any thing else I've ever built. (...) I was impressed with the selection of dark gray elements as well. I originally built it in light gray because I didn't think I had enough dark gray (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

(...) Thanks Magnus. I've seriously considered making the drop ship also. Unfortunately I don't have that much LEGO or money at the moment, so that project will be on hold for a while. Todd Trotter (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

(...) Thanks David. I'll try and post some instructions soon. Todd Trotter (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

(...) It must be the same situation as the Tardis (sp?) effect from Doctor Who's telephone box/spaceship :-) - Bob (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

in article GsM0xA.ExG@lugnet.com, Bob Parker at cg47@hotmail.com wrote on 3/7/02 10:41 AM: (...) TARDIS is an acronym for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space (IIRC). The Doctor's TARDIS took the form of a police call box commonly seen on London (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  awesome

well of course thats just really cool, Todd but how does the door work? or the overhead cannon sliding down the back? more pics :-) -p (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

(...) Thanks Paul. I'll take some more pics of it to illustrate how the door works. It's about as simple as can be. It's built like a sideways C. The overhead cannon doesn't actually slide down the back. I made it to where you just pop it off the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

Now that's some sweet goodness. You did an excellent job on that APC. I also like how you did those mini-figs. I always thought those rock raider helmets would make some good Colonial Marine helmets. I usually put a same color visor on it (well on (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

(...) Rock on. (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

(...) Thanks Jamie, I'm pleased with how the minifigs turned out. You can't see it, but they all have the Luke Skywalker Endor camo torsos underneath their armor. I've considered making the dropship, but I don't have near enough dark gray elements (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC - ALIENS APC and friends

(...) Thanks, I'm glad that you both like it. Funny, but Aliens is my wife's favorite movie also. She even wrote a paper on it in college. She discussed mainly the terraforming aspects of the movie. Todd Trotter (URL) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)