 Space / 12480
Re: Second Try: Motorcycle Contest Rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:01:00 GMT

In lugnet.space, William R. Ward writes:
"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> writes:

In lugnet.space, William R. Ward writes:
Here is my latest attempt at rules.  Note several new concepts, such
as the "viewer's choice" awards, and limits on entries per category.

4. You may enter more than once, but no more than three entries per
  category.  For each entry you make, you may vote once for that
  category.  You may not vote for your own models.  The top 3 models
  in each category will win prizes.

What is this, an anti-Adrian rule?  :)  All 7 of the bikes I've made are in
the same category (medium, non-steerable).  How disappointing.  Why did you
decide to cap the entry quantities in each category?

I didn't count the studs on your entries.  Would you care to suggest
an alternate size that would be more to your taste?  It's not final
yet.  Also, one of your bikes doesn't qualify for that category, since
the wheels don't turn.  So you can enter at least two categories as-is.

I'm surprisingly consistent.  One is 18 (the Firebrand) one is 21
(Thanatos), and the Vertigo is 28 studs long.  Though I think I could enter
the vertigo in the unlimited category, since it does something fancy.  The
rest are all 20 studs long.  And all the wheels turn on all my bikes.  It's
Bram's funky bike where the wheels don't turn.  If you make the cutoff
between small and medium at 20 studs, I can just not enter two of my small
bikes.  So up to 20 is small, 20 to 30 is medium, over 30 is large.  But
that would really benefit me, so it's up to the community to decide, I guess.

Adrian

The cap is due to the issue you brought up about voting more than
once.  I thought that would mitigate that.

--Bill.