 Space / 12461
Second Try: Motorcycle Contest Rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 02:12:34 GMT

Here is my latest attempt at rules.  Note several new concepts, such
as the "viewer's choice" awards, and limits on entries per category.

1. Must be constructed between January 1 and February 11, 2002.

2. Models must be either made of real LEGO and photographed, or CAD
   designs subject to the restriction that all parts used must be
   readily available on BRICKBAY.COM.  This is to stop people from
   using CAD software to create parts that don't exist in real life or
   are so hard to obtain that nobody has them on offer on BrickBay.

3. All models must be posted on BRICKSHELF.COM.  Each model must be in
   its own SEPARATE FOLDER.  I will create a page which links to the
   BrickBay folders for each model entered.

4. You may enter more than once, but no more than three entries per
   category.  For each entry you make, you may vote once for that
   category.  You may not vote for your own models.  The top 3 models
   in each category will win prizes.

5. A "viewer's choice" award will be given in each category as well.
   Votes for this award may be made by anyone who does *NOT* enter a
   model in that category.

6. No one person may win more than one "viewer's choice" award or more
   than one regular award.  Additionally no one person may win both
   awards for the same category.

7. All votes will be tabulated by e-mail by me, and the results
   (number of votes per model, but not who voted for what) will be
   announced along with the winners.

The categories I'm thinking of are:

Small Bikes (up to 15 studs long and 4 studs wide)
Medium Bikes (up to 30 studs long and 6 studs wide)
Steerable Bikes (up to 30 studs long and 8 studs wide)
Trikes (up to 30 studs long and 10 studs wide)
Unlimited
Sculpture

In all categories except Sculpture, bikes must be functional - must
have a minifig rider, and be able to roll on its wheels.  The
Steerable category adds a wrinkle where you have to be able to turn
the handlebars and front wheels.  Unlimited has no size limits.  I
added Trikes just to see if anyone would jump at it.

--Bill.