 Space / 12160
Re: The Ships of Homeworld and Cataclysm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 20:46:54 GMT

Well I don't know if any of you care, or if any of you have ever played
Homeworld or Cataclysm, for that matter.  But for the minority who do, I
slaved away until I finally was able to make the fighters in nano\microfig.
As soon as I get a scanner I'll post them to Brickshelf.  Thus far I've made
the Kushan Attack Bomber, Scout, and Interceptor, plus the Somtaaw Acolyte.
The Acolytes can also connect to form an ACV corvette.  In the works now are
the Somtaaw Mimic, Cloaked Fighter, and MCV; the Kushan Light, Heavy, and
Multigun corvettes; the Turanic Interceptor, Missile, and Thief Corvettes;
and the Taiidan strike craft with their odd geometry.  Homeworld in microfig
is very hard to do because of the organic look of the ships, and their odd
angles and canopies.  I printed out screenshots of the ships from various
distances and angles, and I use these for reference.  In the end, they will
even have the moving parts.  As an example, the Workers will extend their
mining arms and the Proximity Sensors will pop open.

I'll keep replying to this message with updates on the fleet.  I'm just
building one of each model thus far, as I have to order hundreds of pieces
from brickbay in a variety of rare colors to seperate my squadrons.  I also
started work on a Taiidan Destroyer with a grey\black color scheme.  It
looks really dangerous and is about 21 studs long.