 Space / 12159
12158  |  12160
Subject:
Attn all .spacers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 19:27:14 GMT

Hi fellow .space-ers,

I must have been very bored - but not as bored as Rick Hallman gets! ;) - as
I yesterday found myself reading about the whole Isle of Mist thing that the
.castle-ers have got going.

The whole Isle of Mist idea stayed in my mind until the notion struck me to
do something much the same, but based in space. The other difference is that
the space version would be played kind of like a competition instead of just
a straight story.

The 'game' would be based in a small area of space (a solar system,
perhaps?) which is plagued by magnetic storms. Everyone who is part of the
game gets to fly over in nothing larger than a corvette sized ship and will
have some kind of task.

It would be run kind of like a competition where the first person to
complete their task wins (or maybe everyone is looking for the same thing).
The "Galactic Mediator" would look after stuff such as where the storms
move, what things can be found where, etc.

I would be quite happy to act as the ""Galactic Mediator" and set up a main
website for the game. I'm just wondering if there would be enough support to
commence such a project...

Please get back to me soon if you are interested so we can get the ball
rolling. This kind of thing would also be great for seeing everyones models
in the same scenario.

Keep on building,

Zac