 Space / 11968
BT Contest: WTF-2001 Wide-Track Fury
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:46:36 GMT

For the Blacktron contest... I present the Wide-Track Fury:
  http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/btgyro/index.html

As usual, I have provided pictures and some ranting.  I have also provided
instructions for those of you who might be interested in creating your own
fleet of these.  I didn't think I'd be able to provide an LDraw version, but
I managed to work out the hoses and find the right wheel.

Note that this isn't an official submission, as I haven't yet decided the
category in which I'm entering it.

Category recommendations?  It's 54 pieces (counting the fig as 5), so easily
fits into small ground vehicles.  On the other hand, the UWTIS category is
also quite appropriate.

I've got a large ground vehicle built as well, and hopefully I'll have
pictures up later this week.  I'll have to check on the piece count, though-
I may have to enter it in the misc category.

On a sad note, I found out less than an hour ago that my web space provider
is closing down on December 21st.  If I can't find a new host in time, I'll
put the pics on Brickshelf.  Does anyone know where I can get free hosting
with 50 Mb of space, fast servers, no bandwidth limitations, and no ads?

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com