 Space / 11972
Re: BT Contest: WTF-2001 Wide-Track Fury
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 20:58:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner writes:
For the Blacktron contest... I present the Wide-Track Fury:
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/btgyro/index.html

  I *really* like it--does it "roll"
  OK?  I've had trouble with it before, when I used a 5246 wheel to
  try and make a vehicle I'd first seen on an episode of "Thundarr,
  the Barbarian".  (Yes, I'm THAT OLD.)

  Very elegant and sparse on pieces, as well as being very true to
  BT-I.   Kudos!

Thanks for the praise- I had a lot of fun with this one.

It rolls really well on a smooth, hard surface at any speed (within
reason...)  But on non-smooth surfaces (ie carpet) the lower leading edge of
the gun pod catches and it flips.  I could improve that a fair bit by
removing the bottom plate, but that's unfortunately needed for both balance
and structural integrity.  I'll see if I can post a small .mpg of it in action.

I'm using a wheel from the Mega Core Magnetizer, what is the 5246?

Thundarr... Ookla's (sp?) mount was my favorite part of the show.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com