 Space / 11975
11974  |  11976
Subject:
Web Space (was: BT Contest: WTF-2001 Wide-Track Fury)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:37:29 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote:
On a sad note, I found out less than an hour ago that my web space provider
is closing down on December 21st.  If I can't find a new host in time, I'll
put the pics on Brickshelf.  Does anyone know where I can get free hosting
with 50 Mb of space, fast servers, no bandwidth limitations, and no ads?

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahahahahaha*gasp*ahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahaha*wheeze*ahahahahahahahahahaha.... aheh... aheehee... ahum.

*ahem* No.

Yeah, I know.  It was way too good to last, though I did get to keep it
there for a little over a year and a half.  As Adrian pointed out, the
reason they went under is very likely because they offered exactly that.
They didn't even charge me to use their DNS servers or to host the domain
name.  That alone costs $5/month at most places.  You gotta wonder how they
planned on making money...

FUT: lugnet.off-topic.geek

--
Tony Hafner