 Space / 11711
Re: War Of The Worlds MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:14:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, William R. Ward writes:
Mark Sandlin <sandlin@nwlink.com> writes:
There was absolutely no criticism in my post. Read it again.

The way you phrased it ("what's the point") could easily be
interpreted as criticism, even though you were just asking for an
explanation of what he had in mind.

But people are likely to be feeling very vulnerable when they put
their creations out there for people's comments.

My advice?  If you are going to say something negative (or even
something that might be misinterpreted as negative), try to say it as
gently as possible, and be sure to say some positive things too...

--Bill.

First, let me say that Mark doesn't need defending by anyone (and certainly
not one as unqualified to do so as myself).

But he did, indeed, let Wesley know what he thought. ;) And it wasn't
exactly rude though, as you said, it could possibly be taken as such.

Having interacted with Mark on many occasions in the past in this group, he
almost always has something to say that is positive, even when the subject
needs help (read: all my creations <G>).

Personally, I think the idea is pretty cool, though it IS a shame they can't
be built as shown using physical pieces. I'm not that much of a WotW fan
(it's *ok*...) but I admire anyone that has taken the time to learn to
render LEGO creations. I haven't the patience, myself.

I share some of what I think Mark's feeling behind his question might be:

I'd love to see these redone in a manner that would allow for creation from
Physical LEGO. While these renders are impressive as they are -- this would
lean on my 'wow' button and be truly impressive.

Regardless, keep up the good work, Wesley.

Joel J