 Space / 11002
  One-man long range ship "Solo"

See it at (URL) sort of a "houseboat in space", with a living room, bed, toilet etc. More details can be found in the "solo.txt" file in my Brickshelf gallery. Please let me know what you think of it! --Tobias (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One-man long range ship "Solo"

Okay, so what's wrong with it? I know some of you have been to the gallery page, so why hasn't anyone responded? In case you don't remember, I was one of thoswe who started the "feedback" discussions a while back... Several other creations have (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One-man long range ship "Solo"

(...) Well... Since you asked... (bag-o-criticism is now fully open, please note these are my own criticisms) - The main colour is yellow, why not add a secondary highlight colour? - The front canopies are a different colour than the rear ones, this (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One-man long range ship "Solo"

Nice design. I haven't been successful building craft with living quarters. In case you don't know, there are trans blue canopies with click hinges in the LEGO Alpha Team sets. The use of trans blue panels and trans dark gray canopies together don't (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One-man long range ship "Solo"

(...) Actually, I didn't think that anything was wrong with it. There are several details that I will be able to snarf up and use in my own designs. You made good use of a small interior space. (...) Just be patient. It was a long weekend (in the US (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One-man long range ship "Solo"

(...) Hey hey, be patient, but that is coming from me :-), I have so many creations without responses I'm kinda used to it now (partly because alot of my older creations suck :-D), don't take offense to it, just wait. I'll admit I kinda got a little (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One-man long range ship "Solo"

Thank you for your replies. I didn't know about the long weekend (though I notcied other creations, posted later than mine, recieved responses...), sorry. I'd like to point out that bricks always doesn't have to be used for what they were originally (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One-man long range ship "Solo"

(...) Shameless plug:(URL) a creation that got no reply I might add (URL) shameless plug! LOL! :-D (...) Or other wise known as greeblies... (...) -Geordan- (the self appointed king of models with no replies!) (URL) have missed some, C'ya! (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One-man long range ship "Solo"

That's a nice model, Geordan. I like the use of the diver's bubble window, I've never been able to build a good looking spacecraft with it. --Tobias (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One-man long range ship "Solo"

(...) Thanks! (...) I quite like the piece, though I don't use it as much as I could. -Geordan- (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: One-man long range ship "Solo"

(...) I think this is a very good and important point. I think the true genious of LEGO modeling lies in using parts for other purposes than usual. The UCS Tie fighter is a good example, and also the triangular signs on the front of the Speeder (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.space)