 Space / 1100
  Geological Survey Vehicle

I've finally added some photos of my first large scale MOC to my website. (URL) let me know what you think about the vehicle design or the site layout. I'm always looking to make improvements. -Duane (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Geological Survey Vehicle

Pretty cool.. I love seeing interesting exploration vehicle designs.. I'm curious what it would have looked like completed.. Would the yellow stripe have been at about the mid-level on it? -- -Bones- = (URL) = NecroBones Enterprises Duane Hess wrote (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Geological Survey Vehicle

(...) Yes. The stripe is near the top level of the first floor. I intended for the second floor to be solid black. The front section, ahead of the articulation joint, was completed at one story. It had a pilot, co-pilot and two operations stations. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Geological Survey Vehicle

(...) Any other pictures? I'm interested in seeing the elevator at work. Suggestions: -try to make a way for the crew to go from the cockpit to the rear section without having to go "outside." That's a real building challenge that I'd like to try. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Geological Survey Vehicle

(...) layout. (...) I couldn't think of a clean way while keeping the articulation. I sketching a new, more compact one without an articulation joint. (...) Actually, that was part of the design. A good portion of the floor space was dedicated to my (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Geological Survey Vehicle

<snip> (...) Actually, what I was trying to say, is that it doesn't look "real-life" enough. A real-life vehicle with that kind of weight on a joint that small would snap it like a twig. Personally, I'd have twice as many wheel assemblies anyway, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Geological Survey Vehicle

(...) I don't know. Gravity on the planet this GSV is surveying may be weaker than on the Earth. Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Geological Survey Vehicle

(...) OK, well you've got me there. How about a super high-strength alloy? :-) Just as a side note, I've posted the .DAT file for the chassis in the .Ideas group: (URL) model is by far incomplete, but gives some idea of what was running around (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)