 Space / 1105
Re: Geological Survey Vehicle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:52:16 GMT

In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:
I've finally added some photos of my first large scale MOC to my website.

http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Creek/1006/gsv.html

Please let me know what you think about the vehicle design or the site layout.
I'm always looking to make improvements.

-Duane

Any other pictures? I'm interested in seeing the elevator at work.

Suggestions:

-try to make a way for the crew to go from the cockpit to the rear section
without having to go "outside." That's a real building challenge that I'd
like to try.

-tighten up the interior. There's too much empty space. Vehicles are
generally designed as compact as possible. You have TONS of wonderful empty
space back
in the science area... squeeze those computers together so there's just
enough room to fit between then. Cram more machinery and equipment in there.

-Is it possible to make the elevator smaller, or were you planning to put a
small vehicle on it? (If it's only for crew, then no reason for it to be so
big.) It looks big
enough to fit a decent-size vehicle, so I'm assuming you plan to do that. If
you can make the elevator smaller, then more room for stuff around it!

- I'm not sure how "realistic" you're trying to be, but designing the craft
that way would put an enormous amount of strain on the trailer-hitch
section. Perhaps
another set of wheels just behind that?

Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

~Mark