 Space / 1104
Re: Geological Survey Vehicle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:46:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ed T. Toton III writes:
Pretty cool.. I love seeing interesting exploration vehicle
designs.. I'm curious what it would have looked like
completed.. Would the yellow stripe have been at about
the mid-level on it?

Yes. The stripe is near the top level of the first floor. I intended for the
second floor to be solid black. The front section, ahead of the articulation
joint, was completed at one story. It had a pilot, co-pilot and two operations
stations. As always though, the yellow color was used to make up for a lack of
black bricks.

I tried lots of new things with this design, the pnuematic suspension being one
of them. One thing that I'll have to add to the web site is more detailed
explanations of the construction. For example:

The chassis is made of grey technic beams. I used 1x16 beams to hold the
structure together laterally and attach the yellow suspension arms. There
happened to be some space (approximately 4x8 studs) between the grey beams, so
I enclosed it and added a bunch of grey computers. They are located under the
floor in the science area on either side of the center console. The floor there
is made from black car roof hinges for access. I wish I would have take a
picture of them open. I do however have some parts of the chassis drawn in
LDraw. I will post them when I can get my hands on them again.

-Duane