 Space / 10187
  Re: Armageddon Class Destroyer

Hey cool! I like the cockpit/bridge. Looks like a design that could fit on almost any ship. One gripe tho, if it's a destroyer, where's the big guns? :-P Looks more like a cruiser or something to me... (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Armageddon Class Destroyer

(...) I thought wet navy cruisers were bigger than destroyers and hence had bigger guns. Perhaps you're thinking of a corvette? Those are smaller than destroyers IIRC. (patrol boat, corvette, destroyer, frigate, cruiser, battleship, dreadnought ??) (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  (weapon systems)Re: Armageddon Class Destroyer

Well, you see, man, those two strange looking things that are peeping out the holes in the side, on either side near the rear? Those are Telescope Laser Cannons, the idea came from the Exploriens theme, but I've developed it further. They are kinda (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Armageddon Class Destroyer

(...) So my ears were burning, pain, pain, terrible pain, and...oh, wait. Nobody cares about flaming earwax. But someone said "wet navy," so here I am. The organization of naval classes depends to a certain extent on precisely what era you're (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: (weapon systems)Re: Armageddon Class Destroyer

(...) Ah-ha! See, I thought those were matter intakes :-P. <snippy> --Kyle (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Armageddon Class Destroyer

(...) Um, I guess. I don't know the correct order for this type of stuff. I allways just allways thought that destroyier 'sounds' bigger and stronger than a cruiser, so therefore would have bigger guns. :-P <files the order of ship classes according (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Armageddon Class Destroyer

(...) Hello, Here's what Jane's Information Group says about ship types: Patrol Forces, Corvettes, Frigates, Destroyers, Cruisers, Battleship/Carrier, and Dreadnaught. These classifications take into account Armor, Armament, and Size/Displacement. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Armageddon Class Destroyer

(...) David, was your message supposed to carry a URL link for the guide? Larry might want to know where it is unless maybe you gave him the information in a seperate account, otherwise, it would also help me out as I have some interest in this (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.space)