 Space / 10139
Re: Galaxy Enforcer Contest Winners
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:32:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.space, Robert Paulson writes:

http://www.geocities.com/lordviperscorpion5/galaxy4.html

July 22, 2001

Dear Mr. Paulson,

I must protest your choice of winning entries for the "Galaxy Enforcer
Contest". While the other entries in the contest were, without a doubt,
completely adequate in their own way, you seem to have missed the LUGNET
post regarding my personal entry, titled "The Galaxy Enforcer".

As it clearly states here-http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=9820, my
"oh-so-obviously-winning-entry" was already the obvious winner. I am sure
this was just an oversite on your part, and I am wiling to accept your
immediate retraction of the winners you erroneously announced in this
thread. I will also expect to see the eternal shrine to my
"oh-so-obviously-winning-entry" on your web site within the next 24 hours.

My legal counsel advises me that I do not have an inch of legal ground to
stand on in this case, but what does he know? I'm sure you will do the right
thing.

Sincerely,

Matthew Gerber

I have actually tried to think of an idea for a wingless fighter and I came
up with a rather unique solution.  I was thinking of a new and innovative
design for a space craft for my Gaea Federation and so I built a space craft
known as the Death Blossom.  The Death Blossom is in the shape of a four
petaled flower and the center of the "flower" is actually the command ship.
The person would believe that it is a single space craft but it is actually
five space craft.  I was heavily influenced by the UFO theme in designing
this idea.  I hope that when I download LDraw today (and figure out how it
works) that maybe I can put my money where my mouth is so that maybe I can
achieve some respect in Lugnet, or at least get some people to notice a
unique design for space craft.

Jesse Long