 Space / *22382 (-20)
  Re: Major Debut: Part I

That's cool! The shape is weird, but it works. The greeblies are great, and I really like the hosing connecting the fuel tank to the rest of the ship. Cool stuff, can't wait for Part II! -JHK (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

Wow! I've never seen the movie in question, but this looks like a very cool model. I am impressed with the SNOT work. You have way too much gray! :) Do you have any pictures of the hinges and snot pieces you used? 'Cause its hard to find strong (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Website move

After scrounging up some well-earned cash, I've bought a fancy webserver (www.icdsoft.com) at a pretty good price. My new website URL is: (URL) my new email is jhk@jhkruer.com Thanks. What do you guys use to host your sites? -JHK (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.publish)

  Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

(...) Seriously cool. I love the "making of" pics. That's always a great feature to show people the way stuff goes together. I'd do that more often myself, but the way that I build (in huge stretches of time, usually til 2 or 3 in the morning) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Major Debut: Part I

(...) Thanks! I just got out most of my gray and dark gray pieces and fooled around a bit until I liked the shape of the engines. The sniper rifles are a revised version from my old model: (URL) for the compliments, Nathan Lord of the LEGO (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Major Debut: Part I

(...) Thanks! The Popeye-wing connection was purely by accident! The person in the canopy is the Pilot, the gunner is in the blue helmet sitting between the two co-gunners: (URL) particle shield only fully covers the ship up to the main fuel tank, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

Thanks David! The CG does look kinda spare by today's standards, but I kinda like it. It's not overdone like a lot of CG we see now. I love the shot when the Gunstar first takes off and we see it coming towards the camera, spinning to show off its (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

Thanks Josh! I loved the movie too. Still love it, although in a slightly different way! It's VERY eighties, isn't it? Dave "Josh Wedin" <pushmi.pullyu@verizon.net> wrote in message news:HCB7F3.143J@lugnet.com... (...) Gunstar (...) replicate (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

"Tony Knaak" <tknaaker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HCB4MF.w1u@lugnet.com... (...) create (...) angles. (...) and (...) Thank you, thank you, thank you!! The wings were one hell of a challenge, but exciting and inspiring at the same time. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

Thanks Travis! SNOT building can indeed be very frustrating, but you just have to keep working on it until the light bulb flashes on. This project had lots of fits and starts, but you just have to be dogged and relentless! Dave "travis" (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Major Debut: Part I

(...) <> (...) <> (...) Nathan, This ship is great! Those engines are FABOLOUS! I also like the construction of the fuel tank and the sniper rifles...nice greeblies. Keep it up! ciao&salaam -Andrew (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

(...) I liked the movie--was the "first" time entire computer generated scenes were used in a movie--28 minutes of them iirc... Looks cheesy by todays standards, but back then I was pretty much blown away... YOu did a wonderful job of capturing the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

Very cool, David! This was my favorite movie when I was a kid. The Gunstar looks great. Too bad there aren't any lego windshields that could replicate the cockpit, though. Build On, Josh (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

(...) You should rent it. It's not the best space movie, but the plot was unique and the Starfighter is one of the coolest ships in any space movie. If you can't rent it where you are, I'm sure you can pick it up used somewhere. Doing a quick search (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

I must commend you on your dedication to this project! It is easy to create a space ship from your imagination with LEGO because you usually limit yourself to the brick constraints. But with previously non-LEGO creaed ships, you really have to push (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

(...) you managed to get all those weird angles witout any noticable "cracks" between the plates. Amazing really! A work of art! I can't see how it can be made any better! (...) this alone was worth the Spotlight! (...) /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Observatory - revised teaser pic

(...) I (...) but (...) Actually it is a moonbase module. Stay tuned. Pictures and LDraw model will be up this week! Jaco (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.space)

  Re: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

i'm totally envious of your ability to round in snot... I can't seem to get things right when i got outside of 90 degrees... uber kewl... and good sized too. -tk "David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:HCA078.2CE@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Major Debut: Part I

i like the way that you've some of the parts, like the engines to make the wings look they are popeye arms. why does the rear gunner have a canopy and the others don't ? -tk "Nathan Wells" <lordofthelego@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: Gunstar from "The Last Starfighter"

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:HCA1Hs.64A@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) IMO. Yeah, they don't look as firm as bricks, but I couldn't think of a better solution that would be as slender. The canopy IS pretty airy, it's just (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact